Monday, April 30, 2012

Day Break

Sunday morning as I looked at the back of her head, I had many thoughts. Here they are:



I am always happiest when we rest
I can't see how sleepy you are
I see your shoulders move with every breath
I can still see how beautiful you are

Black: the color of night
The color a bandit cloaks himself in to do evil
Black: the color of your beautiful eyes
Your beautiful hair

Lying next to me with your lips still
I know I shouldn't kiss you but I will

I give you kisses so you know I will be back to bed soon
I come back and give you more so you don't mind me rocking the bed

I wrap my arms around you while you lay
And I dream about your black hair turning a beautiful grey
How mine would be white then too
How I will always be happy sleeping next to you

2 comments:

  1. :')
    the most beautiful poem I have ever read
    a poem I will always treasure
    a poem that I will always read and carry in my heart
    a poem of our love

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. beautiful indeed Evelyn. You have a GREAT man in your life :) <3

    ReplyDelete